Dear consultants, we would like to invite you to two-day practical workshop “The Horizon2020 SME Instrument: What are the features of a successful proposal?” which will be held in Kyiv on 5-6 December 2018. You will learn how to assist Ukrainian SMEs in preparing a successful application under the Horizon2020 SME instrument.
Alessia MELASECCHE GERMINI, PhD in Internationalization of SMEs, META Group Partner, COO and Senior Expert. Since 2013 she has been regularly engaged by the European Commission (DG Connect, DG Research & Innovation and DG Home), the Research Executive Agency and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology to take part as Expert Evaluator, Expert Reviewer and Rapporteur to evaluation and assessment panels.
Philipp BRUGNER, MA, BA works as International Project Manager for EU funded projects at the Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI) in Vienna, Austria. He is a regular trainer for the European Commission’s International Service Facility and conducts trainings on Horizon 2020 proposal writing and project management in associated countries.
• Introduction on Horizon 2020 and the importance of impact for Horizon 2020 funded projects
• Award criteria: How proposals are reviewed and expectations from evaluators
• Annotated proposal template for the SME Instrument: Phase 1 and Phase 2. Examples of awarded proposals
• Drafting a Business Plan. The Lean Model Canvas Business tool
• How to pitch: Preparing the pitch (Phase 2)
• Communication, dissemination and exploitation as part of a successful project proposal: What are the differences? How to build a comprehensive strategy complying with intellectual property rights, ethical and data management standards?
• Practical exercises will be introduced throughout the session.
Working language: English. Participants are expected to have good command of English as this is the language to be used in project applications.
Number of participants is limited to one group of 20 people and priority will be given to those with an experience in the Horizon 2020 SME instrument (e.g. participation in a proposal, submission of a proposal, first own proposal concept etc).
Please register until 27 November 2018 (inclusive) – https://goo.gl/q4g6QE
Confirmations of participation will be sent out on 29 November 2018.